Two acceptances today. One magazine but two editors dealing with two different forms – one haiku, one tanka. I did a count, just out of interest, last night, and, with these extra two, seem to be hovering just under the hundred for published poems. They haven’t all been good, and I’m not really sure what the number tells me.However, it’s a nice round number and despite it meaning nothing, it’ still nice to know I’m getting there.
I suppose it tells me that I can produce words in quantity and that I can be industrious when needed. It also tells me that some editors seem to take my work consistently, whilst others reject it with enthusiasm. It also tells me that I should keep better records, as I’m not 100% sure what the number really is.
When I started, 15 years ago, I’m sure I had 12 published, but I can only recall 9 of them. I do have a list somewhere, but can’t remember where I put it. Same for my restart, I have a list of the early ones from a few years ago, which I must find. In the meantime, I can remember 10, but have a feeling there were a couple more. As time went on I kept better records on the computer (which I must back up) so I can be more certain about the last few years.
I originally thought it was about 98, but on recounting think it’s probably 96. It will do.
At the moment I’m finding a home for haiku, tanka and tanka prose, but am having trouble with haibun. This is annoying, as I consider it my main format. I will sleep on that thought.
Today was my first day back after bank Holiday – 27 parcels,
Four buyers – three of whom bought something.
Five sellers. We made an offer on one lot, which we didn’t get. Two lots were things we didn’t want because we don’t deal in Pokemon cards or comics. The other two were accumulations of recent coins taken from pocket change and we already have plenty of them. In fact we have so many, we actually gibe so-called “rare coins” out as change. Then there were the normal dozen phone calls, which stop me packing parcels and almost inevitably end in disappointment.
Getting home, I photographed some bees on the front garden flowers, watched TV, ate a pasta bake Julia had cooked, wrote and answered emails. Judging by the legs, it had been a successful day for at least one of the bees.
Excellent bee work and fine plant naming too. I am sorry about the haibun difficulty. I read at least one of yours which I thought was really good and there may have been more. Editors need to up their game.
o be fair, I only usually post ones that have been published, so they have already ben checked by an editor.. The rest might be a bit ropey. However, I will persist.
Yay you on two more acceptances! And I especially love the header bee photo. The pollen!
Yes, I was pleased to get that photo. Bees really do work hard!
I like the bee pics
I( must get back into practice. It’s comparatively easy to step outside and take pictures between house and car.